You've Earned It!
This year will be our second year hosting the CrossFit Open. The Open is a time of celebration and community, of competition and camaraderie. Our goal is to bring as many Merit Athletes together to participate in what is one of the most exciting times in the CrossFit season.
Whether you’re a new to CrossFit or a seasoned veteran, The Open is for you. You will gain invaluable experience and join in on the unforgettable fun times with friends during our Friday Night Open events at CrossFit Merit.
- The Open is a 5-Week competition, running from February 23rd through March 27th.
- Each Open workout will be released on Thursday of that week (Feb 23, Mar 2, Mar 9, Mar 16, Mar 23). Come out and join us at the gym while we stream the live announcement every Thursday at 8 PM.
- You will have from that Thursday at 8 PM through the Monday at 8 PM of that week (Feb 27, Mar 6, Mar 12, Mar 20, Mar 27) to perform either the RX or Scaled version of each workout for your age division and submit your score to the CrossFit Games website.
How it will work at CrossFit Merit:
Fridays will be our “Friday Night Open” at the gym. Friday will be the day when our Merit Athletes will take on each Open workout.
- We will run the Open workouts each morning at 5:30 AM, 9:30 AM, 10:45 AM and 12 PM.
- Later that day, we will begin our Friday Night Open, around 4:15 PM.
- We will run heats of athletes through the Open workouts on a timeline, similar to a competition.
- We will have a heat sign-up list on the whiteboard, which we will put up each thursday night after the live announcement.
- Make sure you sign up for a heat!
How to make this Open your best (or first) yet!
- Speak with your Coach! Your Coach can explain anything and everything you need to know about the Open and how it can work for you.
- Sign up for a heat each week.
- Show up to the gym for your regular class time (if you plan on doing it at 5:30 AM, 9:30 AM, 10:45 AM or 12 PM) OR, show up to the gym for Friday Night Open with at least 30 minutes BEFORE your scheduled heat time, to allow for proper warm-up and preparation.
- Do your Open Workout, then hang out with the rest of the Merit Athletes to cheer them!
- Submit your score to Games.CrossFit.Com before Monday at 8 PM.
I've never talked to anyone who regretted doing The Open. But the list grows every year of those who didn't do it and then wish they had!
We hope that you will join us and hope to see you all there!
*Adapted from CrossFit Jaakarhu.